What CaterMap can do for your School
Our skilled independent catering consultants work with you taking responsibility for problem solving achieving both cost and sustainable quality improvements to your catering services. We visit each catering area spending time with catering staff and customers to understand systems used and gauge customer reaction.
We consider your options for change and future service development including food planning, design of new catering service points and changes to current hours or activity.
We examine commodity supply for value and quality; progressing towards use of local suppliers, organics and fair trade products and arranging full analysis of purchasing arrangements to reduce costs.
We analyse current work methods and labour costs, examine and report options for efficiency savings and improvements.
We produce a detailed well-researched formal report including model budgets and action plans which will benchmark your current operation against UK education catering industry norms.
The two-stage catering consultation process
- We make a full survey of site, and talk with catering staff and on-site managers.
- We answer all your technical questions.
- We cover all your legal requirements.
- We observe your work methods, skill gaps and problem areas.
- We provide sustainable catering improvement plans and agree implementation methods.
- We produce formal technical reports for bursars, principals and governors.
- We assume responsibility for projects and act as a technical reference point.
- We offer practical management and support when problems arise.
- We visit your school, college or university regularly to monitor progress and feedback.
A catering review can be completed in one or two days. For more complex projects, six or more days are required to provide formal reports and hand-holding support during change implementation.
We also offer one-off pre-Ofsted inspections and health checks to ensure that compliance and good practices are being observed. Particular attention is focused on the professional and thoughtful delivery of exciting and nutritious foods.
Catermap offer an exceptionally discrete and considerate service to our clients. This means in some cases we will not disclose details of who we are currently working with and this in turn, is appreciated by our clients. Much of our work is of a sensitive nature and requires empathy and discretion during the project.
If appointed we assure you that our working methods will not compromise your own confidentialities.
Our code of conduct
CaterMap catering consultants:
- only accept work we are qualified to undertake and provide a service of real value to our customers.
- maintain high ethical standards at all times.
- ensure full confidentiality and complete impartiality regarding your business.
- work within the codes of practice set out by catering industry authorities.